Saturday 1 March 2014

Spring/Summer Dresses

Being a typical Brit, I'm getting over excited for Spring and Summer. I can't wait for the warm pfft yeah right weather and barbecues. I've been slowly building up my wardrobe with dresses suitable for both warm and cold weather and thought I'd share them with you!

**Excuse some of the facial expressions in the pictures, my camera kept cutting out for some reason and I was starting to get frustrated with it!**









With living in student accommodation, I have the smallest wardrobe for my clothes with limited space for hanging my dresses.










                                                         1) Missguided Playsuit.
 I absolutely love this playsuit, the bird patterns on it make it so flattering. The material is soft and and doesn't crease. Its the perfect playsuit to dress up for meals or just wear to a BBQ or beach. For winter it can also be paired with some thick tights and a baggy jumper.


                                                     2) Topshop Daisy Dress

This is one of my favourite dresses. Its so versatile! Its flattering, with a slightly elasticated waist that nips you in and makes your waist look smaller than it is. Again, having a pattern on the dress hides any obvious lumps and bumps you don't want to see! It has two little slits at the front and two on the shoulder (on the collar bone) which gives it a girly edge. Pair it with a blazer and summer wedges and its the perfect summer day dress for a party. 


3) Boohoo Aztec Dress


I bought this dress last summer, when aztec print was very in. I never got round to wearing it as it has a very open back and I couldn't find a bra that still fit right whilst not being on show at the back and I wasn't keen on a stick on bra. Lovely pattern and super soft material! The skater skirt part falls quite nice over larger hips.


4) River Island Polka Dot Dungaree's (Sale)


Not the most flattering outfit or pictures but I bought these dungarees in the Christmas sale as I thought they'd be perfect for festivals! I need to be a bit more in shape to pull it off as from the sides it does show a lot of midriff but for those of you who are slim, it is a great, fun outfit.


5) Missguided Maxi Dress

So I couldn't take a good picture of this dress as the lighting made it blend in with the carpet and against the door it looked really odd. However, I promise you its a nice dress =) It has a layer top which covers your midriff and hugs the hips in a flattering way. The colour is a dark navy blue and would look great on someone with a tan (I definitely need to fake bake to pull it off!). Its not too long for those of you who come in small packages either!


6) Missguided Paisley 




I bought this dress after seeing a blogger called Kayleigh wearing it last summer. It looked super nice on her and thought it would be great for a festival. It is quite short so I need to put something underneath it incase of sudden gusts of wind. Don't want to do a Marilyn Monroe. I absolutely love the pattern. Paisley is one of my favourite designs and the colour would suit any complexion.


                                              7) Forever 21 Dress and Missguided Kimono





I bought this dress when I was in Las Vegas last year as it was so flattering. Its so floaty and cooling, making it perfect for days when the temperature is just a little too much. I like pairing it with this Missguided Kimono as well. It gives the outfit a bit more of an edge and can turn a day dress into an evening outfit. The rose patterns on the back keep it girly whilst giving it an oriental feel.

So thats the bulk of my spring/summer dress collection so far!

I hope you liked it!

I'd really appreciate it if you could follow me. I'm just starting up so need all the help I can get =)

Hope your having a great day/night and speak to you soon.

Love,
Pippa x


2 comments: