Saturday 1 March 2014

15 Things I Want To Do

For today's blog post I thought I'd tell you guys 15 things I want to either do or do more of this year.

1) Go Travelling - I finish uni this May and so want to do some travelling before I start a full time job and have to many commitments.

2) Steward at more festivals - I've been stewarding at festivals with a charity for 2 years now and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've booked to steward at Leeds and Boardmasters this summer. Exciting!!

3) Do more exercise - I'm sure this is on everyones to do list. I say it every new years eve and regret not doing it every summer. 1000's times a charm?

4) Do more things I don't want to do - Seems a strange one right? But I am a very shy and anxious person at times so I want to say yes to more activities that are out of my comfort zone! Throw me in at the deep end!

5) Read more - I used to love reading. I'd buy at least 5 books from the charity shop each month and have them all read in time to go out and buy more. However, being at uni has meant I've not had the time, or at least felt I haven't, to just sit down each night and read a little. Its a great way to learn and relax so is definately high priority for this year.

6) Meditate - I've been practicing mediating for the past couple of weeks now and have noticed a huge difference in how I've felt during the day. I am more calm and carefree. Its such a relaxing hobby to have and can even be done in the comfort of your own home.

7) Start a Youtube Channel - It's something I've wanted to do for ages now, however I'm not sure what I would video yet so I'm going to wait till something unique comes to mind!

8) Eat healthier - Another one on everyones to do list! I've got very bored of eating unhealthy stuff now and whenever I have good fresh food in I enjoy cooking a lot more than just shoving chips and chicken in the oven! The food tastes better,  my body is healthier and I feel happier... what could be better?

9) To make more of an effort with people - Again another one to help get me out of this shy rut I'm currently in. I've already put this into action and have enjoyed all of it. Being shy can make you very lonely and miss out on a lot of things. My new mottos are 'Live life to the full' and 'If someone doesn't like you, its their problem not yours'. I need to start remembering that people are allowed to not like you and if they don't its not because your in the wrong... you just don't mesh and thats okay.

10) Tidy my room more - My room looks like a bombs hit it and then been burgled. No more needs to be said.

11) Get a tattoo - I've been wanting one for a few years now and feel that if I've been thinking about it for so long it is definitely something worth pursuing.

12) Just live life without worrying - Being carefree but grounded is definitely the right mentality to live by.

13) Do more for charity - I love doing stuff for charity, not only is it rewarding but its so fun and you can meet some many nice people.

14) See my family more - Being at uni meant I hardly saw my family unless I came home for the weekend every so often. Once I finish uni I can't wait to see them on a regular basis!

15) Get back on the road - I miss being able to drive and the independence that comes with it so getting insured is high priority!

These are my main goals for this year and I'm determined to stick to as many of them as possible. What are your goals for the year? Have you completed any of your new years resolutions yet?

Love,
Pippa

No comments:

Post a Comment